When holding or attending a business meeting, expectations are that things will proceed smoothly and professionally, that civilised discussions will be held and possibly only a modicum of angry outbursts would arise. Generally, things tend to happen along expected lines, but as Murphy’s Law would have it, at times things don’t always go as planned and something funny or embarrassing will happen during the meeting, and they can take many different forms. Take the following incidents for example.
1. Imagine leaving a business meeting, returning to your desk, and a colleague from the meeting stops by to discuss an item further at about the same time you silently pass some gas.
2. Showing up to give a presentation at a meeting, and you’re wearing two different coloured shoes.
3. If the meeting room has a small table of snacks, imagine going over to it, getting coffee or tea and a sweet roll or something, then tripping over your own foot on the way back to your chair.
4. Perhaps you need to fly to a business meeting or conference, and you experience jet lag or take an Ambien on the flight and it doesn’t wear off in time for the meeting, so you go into it basically as a zombie and make no sense.
5. Maybe there’s a very important meeting you need to attend, but are feeling under the weather but think you can make it through the meeting with no trouble. Instead, you end up vomiting on someone’s shoes.
6. In some chitchat before the meeting starts, you make a comment to a colleague that you intended to mean one thing but came out sounding completely wrong and possibly inappropriate.
7. Perhaps you are last to leave the meeting room, having taken too long gathering your things or something, and get locked into the room by mistake.
8. Taking a last-minute bathroom break before entering the meeting, and if you’re one who puts toilet paper down first, you accidentally end up walking into the meeting with toilet paper stuck to the bottom of your shoe or hanging out the back of your pants.
9. You or someone else falls asleep during the meeting, either from lack of sleep or the person leading the meeting is very dull.
10. You forget to silence your cellphone before the meeting and it goes off, and worse, it has an embarrassing ringtone.
11. You have to give a presentation during the meeting, and the slideshow includes some “extra”, embarrassingly funny pictures that were added by mistake.
12. You manage to hurt your finger before a meeting, and it has to be bandaged. Unfortunately, the finger is your middle one and the bandage makes it stick up a little. While saying something during the meeting, you gesture with your hand and it just happens to look like you’re flipping someone off.
13. You find out during a meeting that someone is going to be let go, and without thinking you ask, “Can I have his computer?” or something similar in poor taste.
Stand out from the crowd and aggressively grow your business with Aggressive Growth Marketing. The Growth Marketing Agency that provides Growth Hacking Marketing, Social Media, Guest Blogging, Email Marketing, and growth focused Digital Marketing Agency services. Call 020 7692 8960 to discuss your needs today.